Your First Appointment
At Tomasik Family Dental, we treat every patient as the individual they are. We treat our patients according to their specific needs, which means building time into our schedule that allows us to flex and provide for those needs. Whether you require additional time to discuss your oral health goals or a unique approach to ease anxiety, we are here to provide you with personalized, custom care.
We pride ourselves on providing a very thorough and relaxing new patient experience. For adult visits, you can expect the first evaluation to be about an hour-long (cleaning not included) and include:
- An in-depth discussion with the dentist about any concerns
- A full set of X-rays, photos, and possibly a 3D scan of your teeth
- A comprehensive head, neck, and oral evaluation—this includes an oral cancer screening
- A thorough discussion of the findings, recommendations, and options to help you make the best decision possible for your oral health
Is a cleaning included in a new patient visit for adults?
For some adults, yes. We include additional time in the appointment for you to receive a professional dental cleaning with one of our hygienists. For others, especially if it’s been a while since you’ve seen a hygienist, the professional dental cleaning may be scheduled for a different appointment so we can customize a treatment plan based on your specific periodontal needs. Until the oral evaluation is completed, we won’t know the type of cleaning that would be most beneficial to your oral health needs. Moving forward once we’ve established a custom treatment plan for you, your oral evaluation and professional dental cleaning will be completed in one visit.
First Visits for Children
To prevent disease infection and keep our patients healthy and at their best, we have some standard protocols we follow here in our office.
- Regularly reviewing and following guidelines from the CDC.
- Disinfecting the reception room, check-in and check-out countertops and bathrooms.
- Disinfecting doorknobs and sinks with disinfectant wipes.
- Routine health history with a temperature scan performed at the front station to identify potential active illness.
- Air purifiers in all rooms to filter the air of particles down to 0.1 microns.
What our patients are saying
Schedule An Appointment