Your First Appointment
At Tomasik Family Dental, we treat every patient as a unique individual. We treat our patients according to their specific needs, which means building extra time into each patient’s schedule — this makes us flexible. Whether you require additional time to discuss your oral health goals or a unique approach to ease anxiety, we are here to provide you with personalized, custom care.
What can you expect at your first visit?
- A chance to meet the team and tour the office.
- An in-depth conversation with the clinical team to better understand any unique concerns or needs you might have.
- Thorough history and records completed to help the doctor during this evaluation. This includes digital X-rays (safer than traditional) photos and a 3D scan of your teeth if needed!
- Ample time with the doctor! We don’t rush you in and out. If there are any dental concerns, you will have a chance to discuss options and find a solution that you’re comfortable with.
- For any treatment needed, you will be given very clear costs upfront. No surprise or added fees!
I’ve had a bad experience with other dentists.
We take extra time to understand what happened in your past dental experiences and make sure you’re 100% comfortable. We view the dentist-patient relationship as a team and make all decisions together. Please ask about our comfort dentistry options, such as sedation.
I’m in pain — I need help now!
Pain is a dental emergency. Call our office and we’ll get you in as soon as possible to get you out of pain and comfortable. Then we’ll address the root cause of the pain and prevent its recurrence.
I want to smile with more confidence.
If you’re uncomfortable with one or more aspects of your smile, you’ve come to the right place. Tomasik Dental has advanced experience in cosmetic dentistry. Our approach is the perfect marriage of cosmetic and restorative dentistry, and we go the extra mile in reviewing photos, our own cases, and gathering all the information you need to create a beautiful smile makeover.
I just need a quick routine cleaning and exam.
While Tomasik Dental is efficient, we are also thorough. Our efficient process will ensure nothing is lurking under the surface that might cause future issues such as pain or undue expense. Because we have a very preventative approach, many of our patients engage with us in routine dentistry only.
My child is ready for their first dental visit.
At Tomasik Dentistry, our family cares for yours, and that includes making dental visits fun for kids! Nothing can better set a child up for lifelong optimal oral health than positive experiences at the dentist. Both a cleaning and evaluation are done during the first visit. We will review prevention as well as discuss the growth and development of your little one!
Check out our children’s dentistry page.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is different about a Tomasik Family Dental first visit?
We pride ourselves on providing a very thorough and relaxing new patient experience. For adult visits, you can expect the first evaluation to be about an hour long (cleaning not included) and include:
- An in-depth discussion with the dentist about any concerns
- A full set of X-rays, photos, and possibly a 3D scan of your teeth
- A comprehensive head, neck, and oral evaluation—this includes an oral cancer screening
- A thorough discussion of the findings, recommendations, and options to help you make the best decision possible for your oral health
Is a cleaning included in a new patient visit for adults?
What safety procedures do you implement?
To prevent disease infection and keep our patients healthy and at their best, we have some standard protocols we follow here in our office.
- Regularly reviewing and following guidelines from the CDC.
- Disinfecting the reception room, check-in and check-out countertops and bathrooms.
- Disinfecting doorknobs and sinks with disinfectant wipes.
- Routine health history with a temperature scan performed at the front station to identify potential active illness.
- Air purifiers in all rooms to filter the air of particles down to 0.1 microns.
What our patients are saying
Schedule An Appointment